We are looking forward to welcoming our 2021 applicants to our Getting Started at JC6 Days on Tuesday 22nd June 2021 and Wednesday 23rd June 2021. On this page you will find further details regarding the event, including arrival and finish times, content and the measures in place to ensure the event runs safely.
It is important that all applicants confirm their attendance at the event, to do so please complete a short online form by clicking the links below:
Hinckley Academy and Redmoor Applicants - 22nd June -Click here.
Applicants from all other schools - 23rd June - Click here.
- Please arrive at JC6 by 8:55am ready for your first session to begin promptly at 9:00am.
- Upon arrival you will be greeted by our staff and Student Ambassadors. You will be directed to collect your Welcome Pack and bespoke timetable for the day.
- The Getting Started Day will include lesson tasters for three of your chosen subjects and a group Welcome Meeting with Ms Paterson and Mr Boast. This is a fantastic opportunity to meet our team face to face for the first time, get to know some of your new classmates, hear from our current students and to sample your A Level and BTEC courses. There will also be a drop in session available at the end of the event for any applicants who would like a one to one discussion with a member of the JC6 team.
- During the event you will receive important information regarding dates for enrolment, induction and other upcoming events.
- There is no dress code at JC6, we simply ask that students dress in a manner appropriate for a work environment. Please bring a mask.
- The day will end at 1pm.
Important Safety Measures -
Safety is our top priority and this year we have split our Getting Started event across two days to ensure groups are small and that movement and mixing is greatly reduced. Please ensure you read the following important COVID-19 safety notices prior to the event:
- We encourage all attendees to complete a Lateral Flow Test at home the evening before or morning of the event in order to help keep our community safe. If you require a LFT home testing kit, please contact our team who can arrange this for you.
- If you or anyone in your household are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend the event and follow government guidance.
- Masks must be worn when moving between sessions, in communal areas and corridors and can also be worn in lessons if preferred. Staff will wear masks where maintaining a distance of 2 metres from students is not possible.
- Throughout the day our team will be logging seating plans and session attendance in case track and trace is required.
- If, following the event, you test positive for COVID-19, please contact our team via the main reception telephone number (01455 632183) so that we can complete the relevant track and trace processes.
Thank you for registering your attendance at the event online as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our team.
We look forward to welcoming you to JC6!